11.11.09

October

Oct 26, 2009
Fall leaves at sunset of my last day on the farm in October. I love all the different trees there, they are cooperative and beautiful subjects.



Oct 25, 2009
This horse farm is only a few blocks away. They estimate having between 140 and 160 horses. I smell a photo project, and something else I won't mention.



Oct 24, 2009
Gabby, Bob and I out trying to trap a young Red-tailed Hawk. Bob is a licensed falconer. They caught a hawk a few days after I left and named him Ghandi. His training is coming along well, look for pictures in the November update.


Oct 23, 2009
Pablo and Gabby working together to fertilize a field with composted manure. To get a different angle I sat on the wheel well of the tractor and held on for dear life.


Oct 23, 2009
One leaf clings to summer on a tree resigned to the fall. Vote for this image at http://www.jpgmag.com/photos/2059672


Oct 22, 2009
The view as I drive the four-wheeler into the shed for the night.


Fertilizer and a pistachio tree.



Oct 21, 2009
My first time driving a backhoe. It was...exciting to realize how hard it is to stop one of these as Pablo and the dogs darted in front of me.


Oct 20, 2009
Bob helps to remove all the dead pistachio trees. The soil here varies greatly, sustaining life or not in a matter of feet.



Oct 19, 2009
With the help from a cup or two of coffee Gabby is up with the sun each morning.

No comments: