21.10.11

Keep Austin Occupied | Austin, Texas



Lisa Cope


October 15, 2011
I recently published a series of portraits of protesters at the Occupy Austin protest. I like these pictures a lot. My hope was to reveal the humanity in an otherwise mass of people. A mass in which one cannot be distinguished from another. I returned to Occupy Austin on the 15th of October to take another series of portraits, this time including their signs.

One of the things that make the Occupy protests interesting is their diversity, so I wanted to include as many portraits as I could to avoid censorship. Some of the messages will resonate with you and others may not, but I didn't want to censor the people I encountered today. Today I want their message heard.


John Duffy


Zachary Rodriguez


Cameron Field


Jen Tougas


Jesse Little


Cameron Little


Patty Stephens with Pyper and Jazmyn


Karen Felthauser...Go mom!


Aisline Villedas


Mildred Villedas


Wendy Lemon


Emily Hersh


Ben Brenneman with one year old daughter Daphne


Ben Brenneman with one year old daughter Daphne


George Austin


Kim Adlard


Jill Hinckley


Tom Davis


Veteran Dennis Gonzalez
Fort Hood 2nd Army Division


John O'neill


Pat Cosgrove

At 11AM a march to Chase bank was organized where account owners would withdraw their money to deposit in a local credit union.


Alex Duncan shouts on stage while the march is arranged.


A protester with money-symbol waits for the protest march to begin, Saturday.


Protesters make their way to chase bank from Austin City Hall.


Protesters march to Chase bank.


Vidal Victor Cruts plays drums in front of Chase bank as activists inside withdraw their money.


A protester with a close your accounts sign encourages others to join.



No comments: