19.8.08

Headshots: Round 1

Theatrical:Commercial:

Yesterday I took headshots of Kyral, an acting student at NAU. It was not my first time doing this type of portrait but I was nervous because before now I had only done it for a friend or class. Most of all, I had never been paid for it. Wanting to give him my best I researched beforehand and discovered that an actor should have at least two kinds of headshots, a commercial and a theatrical. The theatrical should give a sense of professionalism and responsibility, making directors feel confident in your reliability. The commercial is supposed to appear warm and friendly, like someone you can trust, a used car salesman for example. Though the two I chose came out nice, I've never been a fan of posed portraits like these. Next time I'll try to convey the subjects personality in the photo by having them pose in a more natural way.

No comments: